I think it is normal for moms to have times when they get confused about ideas for cheap meals for large families. Have you also fallen off the cheap meal plan or have not been able to discover what to make as cheap meals for large families? There are times when you would like to try your hands on some new recipes, but you are broke. At that pint of time, you will need these cheap meals for large families.
Ideas for Cheap Meals for Large Families:
Feeding a large family does not need to be luxurious, in reality, you can offer cheap meals for large families of 6 and above for just approximately $10 a night. All these recipes of cheap meals for large families below are very easy to make and also very tasty and many of these cheap meals for large families are actually for 8-12 servings! So, that’s double savings!
Are you looking for cheap meals for large families? Well, we have come with the easiest yet everyone’s favorite dish on the list. Don’t you believe me? So, just check out this cheap but everyone’s favorite French toast recipe below.
- 10 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. of maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. of butter
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Cinnamon (as per your choice)
- 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar
- Coat the pot well with the non-stick spray.
- Now slice the bread down from the center (longways).
- After that, cut the pieces of bread into equal slices
- Then whisk the eggs, maple syrup, milk, as well as cinnamon in a container.
- Combine the pieces of bread in the egg mixture until all the bread is completely soaked
- Then layer the bread into the pot evenly
- Now dice butter as well as a sprinkle over the top of the bread.
- After that, sprinkle brown sugar over bread and butter.
- Finally, bake it in a pot on low heat
Cooking fish pie is a cheap way to offer your family with vital omega-3. This satisfying and simple pie will serve up to 6 (or more if you have any toddlers in the family), or you can simply double the recipe to make two fish pies. You can such cheap meals for large families for lunch or dinner.
- 1 kg peeled and halved potatoes
- 400 ml of milk
- 25 g butter
- 25 g plain flour
- 1 fish pie mix (smoked haddock, salmon, cod, etc.)
- 4 finely sliced spring onions
- A small bunch finely snipped chive
- Frozen sweetcorn (as per your choice)
- a handful of grated cheddar
- Heat the oven
- Put 1 kg peeled and halved potatoes, in a saucepan and then pour enough water to boil them properly
- Bring to boil and then simmer the heat until tender.
- During cooking, drain and mash thoroughly with a squish of milk as well as butter.
- Then season it with crushed black pepper
- After that put 25 g of butter, 4 finely sliced spring onions and 25 g plain flour in another pan to fry it.
- Stir frequently.
- Cook for around 1 -2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk 400 ml milk into it
- Bring to boil, stir continuously to avoid any kind of sticking and lumps at the bottom.
- Cook for 3 to 4 mins until thickened completely.
- Turn off the heat as well as stir in mixed fish, 1 tsp mustard, finely snipped chives, and a handful of sweetcorn.
- Spoon it into an ovenproof bowl.
- Spoon the potatoes on top as well as sprinkle it with grated cheddar cheese.
- Keep it in the oven for around 0 – 25 minutes or until it turns golden and starts bubbling at the edges.
- On the other hand, cover it and freeze the fish pie for another time.
More Recommended Articles :-
- # Top Gift Ideas For Mother’s Day 2020
- Delicious And Easy Recipes Of Pasta Salad
- How To Host Family Get Together On Budget?
- What Things To Do On Your Birthday In A Low Budget?
- Best Ideas for Road Trip with Mom on Mother’s Day
- Naughty Ideas For Bachelorette Party Gifts
- How To Appreciate Teacher | Teacher Appreciation Ideas
- Essay On All About My Mom For Students
- Perfect Gift Ideas For Teen Boys on His Birthday!
- Homemade Last Minute Dinner Ideas Over Restaurant Food
- DIY Gifts For Mothers Day Craft Ideas
- Easy And Delicious Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- Amazing Gift Ideas For Busy Moms
With just 9 ingredients, such cheap meals for large families are also easy and quick. It is a win for both your wallet and schedule!
- ½-1 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken
- ¼ cup of butter
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mushroom
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 tsp. of garlic salt
- ½ block (4 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 1 tsp. of basil
- Place chicken broth, water, butter, basil, garlic salt, as well as oregano in the Pot.
- Then add sliced chicken to it.
- After that top it with sliced fresh mushrooms
- Now place the cream cheese on the top of the mixture.
- Then cook it on low heat for sometimes, until the chicken is tender enough and almost falling apart.
- Now stir it lightly before serving
- Finally, serve over linguine noodles or spaghetti.